INSTRUMENT RENTAL PLANS FOR STUDENT MUSICIANS
Whether you are a seasoned student or a beginner, Afterthoughts Music Studio’s student instrument rental plans make available a large variety of high quality rental instruments at affordable prices. Afterthoughts Music Studio offers a wide variety of instruments available for rent to meet the needs of students at all skill levels. Our selection for rental is unmatched in quality and price. We constantly search for additional models that pass our rigorous standards for tone quality and workmanship. Violins, violas, cellos, and double basses are available for rental. All rentals include appropriate bows, cases or covers, and rosin. Afterthoughts Music Studio offers a Rent-to-Own program that provides an instrument to the beginning student that meets or exceeds the standards required by the music education teacher and student. Our dedication to matching the student to the instrument ensures that the student's efforts and advancement are optimized.
Our rental program includes:
- Quality instruments and accessories that meet your teacher's specifications
- Month-to-month rental contracts
- Affordable and easily managed interest-free rent-to-own contracts
- Insurance on the instrument and bow--should repairs be needed--during the duration of the rental
- Convenient automatic debiting of monthly lease charges from credit card with approved credit and deposit
- The rent-to-own contract can be cancelled at any time, with no penalty fees, by returning the instrument to Afterthoughts Music Studio
- Size changes within the same category level of the instrument can be accomplished with no change in the contract agreement for monthly fees or total cost of the instrument
- Flexible application of accrued rental payments/Ability to apply rental credit towards the purchase of a new instrument
- Trade-in/upgrades at anytime
- Size changes to a different category level of the instrument or type of instrument are authorized and all fees paid will transfer to the new instrument selected. Total payoff and monthly payment will change based on the new instrument.
- In-house repair and replacement service
Violin: All Sizes, Used/New : Total Monthly Payment: $20.00-$25.00
Viola: All Sizes, Used/New: Total Monthly Payment: $30.00-$35.00
Cello: All Sizes, Used/New: Total Monthly Payment: $40.00-$45.00
Bass: All Sizes, Used/New: Total Monthly Payment: $60.00-$65.00
Rental rates are based on the overall cost of the instrument plus insurance, so new instruments or more advanced instruments may be slightly higher. All used instruments are reconditioned in our shop and include new strings. More used instruments and advanced players' instruments are available at our store/studio. The monthly rental price range depends on the model and condition of the instrument.
Three months' advance is required. There is no application fee.
The rental contract is on a month-to-month basis. We do not prorate the contract when the instrument is returned. If an instrument is returned damaged, you will be responsible for the amount of the insurance deductible and the fees if the strings or hair of the bow are worn.
All rentals include insurance on the instrument to cover incidental damages with a small deductible. This includes any and all accidental damage. The instrument must be repaired in our shop, however. Insurance covers neither the strings nor the hair on the bow.
Should the instrument be completely lost due to theft, fire or flood, Afterthoughts Music Studio will replace the instrument with like kind from the same category level upon submission of appropriate documentation of loss. In the case of theft, a copy of a local police report or school security report will be required. There will be no deductible fee in these cases.
100% of accumulated credit (minus taxes and insurance fees) may be used towards a maximum of 80% of the purchase price of the current rental outfit or another larger or more expensive instrument outfit. Our program provides the flexibility young musicians need because it allows them to upgrade size or quality as they grow and progress. If an instrument is returned, any earned credit must be used within 14 days from the date of return or it will be forfeited.
Rental fees are automatically debited from a credit or debit card each month. All fees are debited on the 1st or 15th of the month, depending on the day of the month the contract is started. In order to avoid a late fee if your card expires or has been compromised, you must notify us immediately.
String instruments come in fractional sizes to meet the needs of children who are still growing. If your child has yet to reach an adult height, it is very important to obtain the correct size instrument. Many beginners will struggle on instruments that are too large and this may lead to posture problems. Since the size of instrument is dependent on neither age nor height, it will be necessary to see the child in order to correctly fit him or her to the proper instrument. For most parents with children participating in school programs, the orchestra teacher can size your child to the appropriate instrument. Or, if you are able to make a trip to our shop, we will be more than happy to assist you with sizing.